July 9, 2008

Lost?

The song "Lost?" by Coldplay is, to put it quite simply, a very sad and yet uplifting song. Not to be confused with "Lost!" which is the same song, but electric.

Just because I'm losing,
doesn't mean I'm lost,
doesn't mean I'll stop,
doesn't mean I would cross

Just because I'm hurting,
doesn't mean I'm hurt,
doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserved
no better and no worse

I just got lost
Every river that I tried to cross
Every door I ever tried was locked
Oh and I'm,
just waiting til the shine wears off
He got lost. He can't admit it at first, but even though he does it doesn't mean he's giving up. He's accepted that this is just what's going to happen. If I had to point to a specific event, he's talking about getting dumped and getting trapped in the mire of despair and confusion that can come with that.

He doesn't see it as the end, just an ending.
You might be a big fish
in a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'cause along may come a bigger one

And you'll be lost
Every river that you tried to cross
Every gun you ever held went off

Oh and I'm,
just waiting til the firing stops
Oh and I'm,
just waiting til the shine wears off
He goes on to talk about the other, the lover who jilted him or the person who thinks they're better than him now. He says that there's always someone bigger for him - maybe his true soulmate - or bigger than them. Then that other will be just as lost as him. It can happen to anyone.

0 comments: