April 5, 2008

That Wacky Wacky Sci-Fi

I was intending to do a full on review of the new Battlestar Galactica episode, but I can't think of anything to say right now. I'll probably do that once I've watched it again and, if he posts it promptly, listened to Ron Moore's commentary podcast.

In other news, looking at the Sci-Fi channel's upcoming schedule there's a couple of things happening that are pretty interesting. First, starting April 18, Doctor Who joins the Friday schedule for its fourth season, roughly two weeks behind its BBC premiere date - similar to what happened on BBC America with the second series of Torchwood. Secondly, in what seems a bizarre move of sorts, The Sarah Jane Adventures, a Doctor Who spin-off produced for the CBBC, joins the schedule the week before. The thing that gets me is that The Sarah Jane Adventures isn't even the first time that Sarah Jane Smith has been the focus of a Doctor Who spin-off.

All this means that I might actually set up my TiVo for Doctor Who, this being the first time the whole series will not have aired across the pond prior to premiering here. Then again, it's always edited down on SciFi.

0 comments: