May 18, 2008

Potential Energy

Right now, I'm feeling really weird. It's a feeling I've encountered before though.

It feels like I have this mass of potential energy (energy that could be used for say, hours of programming in that oh-so-special "zone") in my mind that is staying just that: potential. It's almost like it's energy meant for one specific task, but I don't know what it is. When I get like this, it's incredibly difficult to concentrate on any one thing.

I've had this happen as a sort of recurring problem throughout my life. I remember as child going up to my parents and having this conversation:

Me: "I want to do something."
Mom: "What do you want to do?"
Me: "I don't know."

Like I said, this makes it incredibly hard to concentrate. I can't even do my semi-ADD web surfing, it's that distracting. I wish I had the insight to figure out exactly what it is that my brain wants to do.

0 comments: