May 22, 2008

Fake Plastic Rock

As you might be able to tell (who am I kidding? everyone who reads this now generally knows me well), I'm a fan of Rock Band. I like a surprising number of the song selections (though Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives are the devil!), even though I have only rudimentary skills at the fake guitar and drums. I'm theoretically much better at vocals, though whether that amounts to singing remotely well or not is up for debate.

Well, Activision decided they had to answer the call of the full band, and are making their own drum peripheral and apparently modified guitar for Guitar Hero: World Tour. To which I say: bah. I do not intend to have two different sets of fake plastic drums in my home, and the way the Guitar Hero series has been managed lately (see: Activision's stubbornness regarding GH3 guitar compatibility with Rock Band and the change, with GH3, from competing against yourself to competing against the game).

0 comments: