April 12, 2008

Teas

So, I have a connection to the world of coffees and teas (my sister is a barista at Starbucks). As a perk of employment and an encouragement to try the product, they get to bring home a box of teabags or a pound of coffee. Because of this, I've tried a couple of teas/herbal infusions, because they don't actually use tea leaves, and I think they've both been good.

Wild Sweet Orange, a blend of blackberry, lemongrass, spearmint, ginger, orange, has a nice slightly tart taste and is just sweet enough, but not so much as to be sickeningly so.

Refresh, a blend of peppermint, spearmint, and taragon, admittedly tastes mostly like minty water, but the taragon gives it just enough kick to not be dismissable as such.

They're both Tazo infusions and should be available at Starbucks. Not that you should go out and buy them, despite the sales pitch this
sounds like, it's really just an exercise in putting opinions down on "paper".

Oh, and I'm posting this from my phone. (Which explains the bad formatting I just had to edit out)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've recently started to be able to distinguish between different coffee origins, and to have some preferences. My faves currently are Costa Rica, which has a nice citrusy flavor, and Guatemala, which has a faint hint of chocolate in the middle. Highly recommended if you're in the market for coffee.

Unknown said...

Hahaha, can I steal your descriptions for my Tea passport?? btw, you should go taste some coffees and give me the hook up so I don't have to... *bad barista, bad barista*.. can't help it I hate coffee...

Sam said...

Can't help you there. I don't like coffee either - well, not coffee on it's own. I do enjoy coffee-based things like Arby's Jamocha shake and some coffee-flavored ice creams.