March 31, 2008

On Surprises...

If you look at my profile, you'll see my 25th birthday is coming up. Hooray for reduced insurance prices!

Anyways, my parents came up this weekend. The same weekend that one of my friends was arranging a get-together to play some Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB) and grill some burgers. Unbeknownst to me, this was all actually the cover for a surprise birthday party, including NES-controller-shaped cake, courtesy of my sister (I'll have to get some pics from someone who had a camera). Thanks for the party everybody! Although, we should definitely get together sometime just for Brawl.

In other news, it appears that GameStop is going to attempt to solve my PS3 SNAFU by shipping me what I ordered. Hopefully they get it right this time, otherwise I'm gonna tell'em to just accept the return and buy a 60Gb PS3 off of the Amazon Marketplace.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to attend tonight's second (my first, should I go), meeting of the Fort Smith .NET User Group (FSDNUG). I don't think I'll ever use Silverlight at my current job, but it should interesting to see what Microsoft plans for their Flash-like framework.

Before that though, I'm going to try and get through the month of November in Persona 3 (only 23 days before the FES expansion comes out).

0 comments: